Blessed with the beautiful blue sea

Last weekend, I was fortunate enough to be a part of UP Marine Biological Society's annual event, The International Coastal Clean Up 2012 in Puerto Galera. It was a 2-day event where we did a lot of activities like mangrove restoration, beach cleanup, skin diving, and many more! I learned so much from all the activities. Also, it was great and inspirational to see such a young group of people so passionate about the sea. The whole trip was amazing. I met a lot of great people and had a very enjoyable experience. So much fun that I really felt like it lasted for a whole week!

 Sea trip from Batangas Port to the lovely Puerto Galera Kay Ganda!

 The students who participated with the beach cleanup, activities, and games
 Silly boys who posed in front of me and asked for a picture
Sister and a mangrove seed
Pool party
Sea party
 Spot Gill from Finding Nemo!

Sister pose underwater
Gen and her bubble ring

This experience taught me that I shouldn't just enjoy the sea but I should also protect it. I have so much respect for the sea now. It's so beautiful and infinite. I also realized that we are all a part of this beautiful world and it's our responsibility to protect it. We should always keep in mind that the Philippines is the center of biodiversity and that we should do whatever we can to save it.




7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're welcome!!! :) Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I'll be sure to come back for your next posts. :)

      Delete
  2. I know that this is heaven for you<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beach clean-up? That is a great idea! Glad to hear you had such a good time there:)

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I definitely had a great time. :-)

      Delete